Current AD & CVD Information
|Home | Products | Countries | Industries | News | FAQ | Investigations | Links | Law Firms | Contact|
|Certain Lined Paper Products from India||
Case Number: A-533-843
Anniversary Month: September
Agility Logistics Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Blue Bird India Ltd. - 72.96%
Ceal Shipping Logistics Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Cello International Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Corporate Stationary Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Creative Divya. - 2.08%
Exel India Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
FFI International. - 2.08%
Global Art India Inc. - 2.08%
International Greetings Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Karim General Handmade Paper DIAR. - 2.08%
Kejriwal Paper Limited. - 2.08%
M/S Super ImpEx. - 2.08%
Magic International. - 2.08%
Marigold ExIm Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Marisa International. - 2.08%
Navneet Publications (India) Ltd. - 2.08%
Pentagon Waterlines Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Pioneer Stationery Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Rajvansh International. - 2.08%
Ria ImpEx Pvt. Ltd. - 2.08%
Riddhi Enterprises. - 2.08%
SAB International. - 2.08%
TKS Overseas. - 2.08%
Unlimited Accessories Worldwide. - 2.08%
V. Joshi Co. - 2.08%
The scope of this order includes certain lined paper products, typically school supplies (for purposes of this scope definition, the actual use of or labeling these products as school supplies or non-school supplies is not a defining characteristic) composed of or including paper that incorporates straight horizontal and/or vertical lines on ten or more paper sheets (there shall be no minimum page requirement for loose leaf filler paper) including but not limited to such products as single- and multi-subject notebooks, composition books, wireless notebooks, loose leaf or glued filler paper, graph paper, and laboratory notebooks, and with the smaller dimension of the paper measuring 6 inches to 15 inches (inclusive) and the larger dimension of the paper measuring 8-3/4 inches to 15 inches (inclusive). Page dimensions are measured size (not advertised, stated, or �tear-out� size), and are measured as they appear in the product (i.e., stitched and folded pages in a notebook are measured by the size of the page as it appears in the notebook page, not the size of the unfolded paper). However, for measurement purposes, pages with tapered or rounded edges shall be measured at their longest and widest points. Subject lined paper products may be loose, packaged or bound using any binding method (other than case bound through the inclusion of binders board, a spine strip, and cover wrap). Subject merchandise may or may not contain any combination of a front cover, a rear cover, and/or backing of any composition, regardless of the inclusion of images or graphics on the cover, backing, or paper. Subject merchandise is within the scope of this order whether or not the lined paper and/or cover are hole punched, drilled, perforated, and/or reinforced. Subject merchandise may contain accessory or informational items including but not limited to pockets, tabs, dividers, closure devices, index cards, stencils, protractors, writing implements, reference materials such as mathematical tables, or printed items such as sticker sheets or miniature calendars, if such items are physically incorporated , included with, or attached to the product, cover and/or backing thereto.
Specifically excluded from the scope of this order are:- unlined copy machine paper;- writing pads with a backing (including but not limited to products commonly known as tablets, note pads, legal pads, and quadrille pads), provided that they do not have a front cover (whether permanent or removable). This exclusion does not apply to such writing pads if they consist of hole-punched or drilled filler paper;
- three-ring or multiple-ring binders, or notebook organizers incorporating such a ring binder provided that they do not include subject paper;
- index cards;
- printed books and other books that are case bound through the inclusion of binders board, a spine strip, and cover wrap;- newspapers;
- pictures and photographs;
- desk and wall calendars and organizers (including but not limited to such products generally known as office planners, time books, and appointment books);
- telephone logs;
- address books;
- columnar pads & tablets, with or without covers, primarily suited for the recording of written numerical business data;
- lined business or office forms, including but not limited to: pre-printed business forms, lined invoice pads and paper, mailing and address labels, manifests, and shipping log books;
- lined continuous computer paper;- boxed or packaged writing stationary (including but not limited to products commonly known as fine business paper, parchment paper, and letterhead), whether or not containing a lined header or decorative lines;- Stenographic pads (steno pads), Gregg ruled (Gregg ruling consists of a single- or double-margin vertical ruling line down the center of the page. For a six-inch by nine inch stenographic pad, the ruling would be located approximately three inches from the left of the book), measuring 6 inches by 9 inches;
Also excluded from the scope of this order are the following trademarked products:
- Fly lined paper products: A notebook, notebook organizer, loose or glued note paper, with papers that are printed with infrared reflective inks and readable only by a Fly pen-top computer. The product must bear the valid trademark Fly (products found to be bearing an invalidly licensed or used trademark are not excluded from the scope).
- Zwipes: A notebook or notebook organizer made with a blended polyolefin writing surface as the cover and pocket surfaces of the notebook, suitable for writing using a specially-developed permanent marker and erase system (known as a Zwipes pen). This system allows the marker portion to mark the writing surface with a permanent ink. The eraser portion of the marker dispenses a solvent capable of solubilizing the permanent ink allowing the ink to be removed. The product must bear the valid trademark Zwipes (products found to be bearing an invalidly licensed or used trademark are not excluded from the scope).
- FiveStarAdvance: A notebook or notebook organizer bound by a continuous spiral, or helical, wire and with plastic front and rear covers made of a blended polyolefin plastic material joined by 300 denier polyester, coated on the backside with PVC (poly vinyl chloride) coating, and extending the entire length of the spiral or helical wire. The polyolefin plastic covers are of specific thickness; front cover is 0.019 inches (within normal manufacturing tolerances) and rear cover is 0.028 inches (within normal manufacturing tolerances). Integral with the stitching that attaches the polyester spine covering, is captured both ends of a 1" wide elastic fabric band. This band is located 2-3/8" from the top of the front plastic cover and provides pen or pencil storage. Both ends of the spiral wire are cut and then bent backwards to overlap with the previous coil but specifically outside the coil diameter but inside the polyester covering. During construction, the polyester covering is sewn to the front and rear covers face to face (outside to outside) so that when the book is closed, the stitching is concealed from the outside. Both free ends (the ends not sewn to the cover and back) are stitched with a turned edge construction. The flexible polyester material forms a covering over the spiral wire to protect it and provide a comfortable grip on the product. The product must bear the valid trademarks FiveStarAdvance (products found to be bearing an invalidly licensed or used trademark are not excluded from the scope).
- FiveStar Flex: A notebook, a notebook organizer, or binder with plastic polyolefin front and rear covers joined by 300 denier polyester spine cover extending the entire length of the spine and bound by a 3-ring plastic fixture. The polyolefin plastic covers are of a specific thickness; front cover is 0.019 inches (within normal manufacturing tolerances) and rear cover is 0.028 inches (within normal manufacturing tolerances). During construction, the polyester covering is sewn to the front cover face to face (outside to outside) so that when the book is closed, the stitching is concealed from the outside. During construction, the polyester cover is sewn to the back cover with the outside of the polyester spine cover to the inside back cover. Both free ends (the ends not sewn to the cover and back) are stitched with a turned edge construction. Each ring within the fixture is comprised of a flexible strap portion that snaps into a stationary post which forms a closed binding ring. The ring fixture is riveted with six metal rivets and sewn to the back plastic cover and is specifically positioned on the outside back cover. The product must bear the valid trademark FiveStar Flex (products found to be bearing an invalidly licensed or used trademark are not excluded from the scope).
Merchandise subject to this order is typically imported under headings 4810.22.5044, 4811.90.9050, 4811.90.9090, 4820.10.2010, 4820.10.2020, 4820.10.2030, 4820.10.2040, 4820.10.2050, 4820.10.2060, and 4820.10.4000 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS). The HTSUS headings are provided for convenience and customs purposes; however, the written description of the scope of the order is dispositive.
| Current Rates
Kerjiwal wins 0.85% reduction to 3.06% in litigation over antidumping duty rate for initial investigation period
On December 29, 2009, the U.S. Department of Commerce published its notice of a decision by the U.S. Court of International Trade that modifies the Final Determination in the investigation conducted by Department of Commerce into certain lined paper products from India. If the court's opinion is not appealed, the Department of Commerce will amend the Final Determination to reflect the reduced antidumping duty rate for Kerjiwal Paper Limited.
ALL RATES INCREASING! (except Kejriwal Paper):
Blue Bird Preliminarily Gets 72.96% AFA Rate, Everyone Else 2.08% In Preliminary Results of Administrative Review Affecting 9/1/2007-8/31/2008 Entries.
On October 7, 2009, the U.S. Department of Commerce published its Preliminary Results of its antidumping duty administrative review of the order covering certain lined paper products from India. This review affects entries made September 1, 2007 - August 31, 2008.
The Department of Commerce determined that sales have been made in the United States at prices below normal value by the two producers individually examined: Blue Bird India, Ltd., which did not respond to the Department of Commerce questionnaires, was assigned a 72.96% rate as adverse facts available. Navneet Publications (India) Limited fully participated and received a 2.08% rate. All other companies for which a review was requested, but were not individually examined, received the Navneet rate of 2.08%.
Keep track of the calendar! If the U.S. Customs and Border Protection does not liquidate the entries within six months, by law, it must liquidate them as entered. In this case, if Customs and Border Protection liquidates after the six month at the higher rate, it would unfairly bill you for increased duties. If you are sent a bill after the six months, you can protest the liquidation and keep the additional 0.86%.
Investigation: Initiation | Prelim | Final | Final (amended)| Order | I & D
Timken (litigation) NEW
Administrative Review 06-07: Initiation | Prelim | Final
Administrative Review 07-08: Initiation | Partial Rescission | Prelim | Final | I & D
Administrative Review 08-09: Initiation | Prelim
Administrative Review 09-10: Initiation
Aero Exports -- 16.12%
Blue Bird India Ltd. -- 1.22%
Creative Divya -- 1.22%
Exel India Pvt. Ltd. -- 1.22%
FFI International -- 1.22%
Global Art India Inc. -- 1.22%
Kejriwal Exports and Kejriwal Paper Limited -- 1.22%
M/S Super ImpEx -- 1.22%
Magic International -- 1.22%
Marigold ExIm Pvt. Ltd. -- 1.22%
Marisa International -- 1.22%
Navneet Publications (India) Ltd. -- 1.22%
Pioneer Stationery Pvt. Ltd. -- 1.22%
Rajvansh International -- 1.22%
Ria ImpEx Pvt. Ltd. -- 23.17%
Riddhi Enterprises -- 1.22%
SAB International -- 1.22%
TKS Overseas -- 1.22%
Unlimited Accessories Worldwide -- 1.22%
V. Joshi Co. -- 1.22%
All Others -- 3.91%
|who we are | contact | advertise | disclaimer|